Thursday, March 06, 2014

Spurwink River painting

I have been working on a series of large paintings for most of the winter--indoors. Today was too nice to pass up being outside and working. I have been looking at a few river and marsh spots around town for a while and chose this one this morning, largely because it was in the sun and out of the wind. What you can't see in the photo is the guard rail right behind my knees separating me from cars doing 60mph. I put my headphones on to block out the noise. Thankfully traffic was very light and the setting nearly perfect. Not long after I got started, a photographer from the Portland Press Herald appeared seemingly out of nowhere and voila! I'm in the newspaper. Which only goes to prove that if you stand in the same spot for long enough, eventually someone will notice you. 

I finally packed it up near lunch time when 3 huge flocks of Canada Geese gracefully flew overhead, on their way up river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home