Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Storm Surge

Storm Surge, 6" x 8", Oil on Panel, 2013

"Water, Water Everywhere!" 
Spent a lovely morning at Pond Cove here in Cape Elizabeth working on this small study. The storm that sat off the coast over the weekend and brought big rain and big waves has passed, and the seas have calmed enough to be able to get out and paint--I don't know if I could have painted the big waves. They were just too big. I came back to the house to find the basement flooded, which doused any ideas I had about spending an afternoon in the studio.


5 Comments:

Blogger Magdalena Palęga said...

I love this,fantastic colors!

4/07/2013  
Blogger Satpal Kadole said...

Beautiful Paintings..

7/10/2013  
Blogger Robert P. Britton, Jr. said...

Hi Friend:

I just wanted to say your works are very good. I'm a bit jealous as I just love Maine, but I'm not from there. My wife and I visited maybe six times in our lifetime. I'd give anything to live there, but so far, life has kept me near my home just outside Buffalo.

I paint some scenes from Maine, too...Cape Elizabeth/Two Lights State Park, Portland Head Light, Nubble, Lobster boats. When I paint these scenes, I pretend I'm there.

Anyways, your work is fantastic and I just wanted to say hello. What a wonderful place you have to paint from! So much history! So much beauty!

God bless!

7/10/2013  
Blogger Robert P. Britton, Jr. said...

BTW...I love some of the naturalistic approaches you use to your colors in your paintings!

7/10/2013  
Blogger C. Ousley said...

Good to see you cranking out the paintings! Makes me want to visit Maine. Been a while since I visited! chrisousley.com

7/26/2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home