Friday, August 19, 2011

Back to Work


Good to see you again!
I think it's safe to say that I'm back to work. At least for the moment. The hurricane that is a newborn has settled down a bit and Jill and I are getting our "sea legs" under us. The new routine has allowed me a bit of time to get out and pick up where I left off. Here is yesterday's effort working downtown in Portland's Old Port. I love this building and have painted it a number of times before. Today I'm in the studio trying to tighten it up (but not too much). Stay tuned for its development.
ps A note for all you Plein Air painters: never paint next to a restaurant serving lunch when you haven't eaten anything, and you forgot to pack your own lunch!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

I love your work! I live on Cape Cod where our beach scenes are a bit different. However, I love the Maine coast for it's rugged beauty. I was wondering what you are using for an easel in this post's photo.
Thanks

8/19/2011  
Blogger Helen Read said...

Very nice! It has a "Hopper-esque" feel to it!

8/22/2011  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thank you Terri and Helen!

8/22/2011  
Blogger highheels said...

Christian Louboutin
As a way to design and style remarkably one of a kind and effective Christian Louboutin Petal Sandals; they consider benefit of your very last equipment and technologies in order that you’ll be fully capable of get the brightest and designer sandal designs from them in way. Seems wise, the Christian Louboutin Petal Sandals are extremely inimitable and flexible shoes in an attempt to seize your attentions directly. On the subject of the colours, the monumental fascination is that they use superlative colors for making fancy your Christian Louboutin Petal Sandals.

9/22/2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home