Thursday, September 02, 2010

Two Lights Surge

Two Lights Surge, 6" x 8", Oil on Panel, 2010

SOLD

I hope to be back to speed next week when I'm finished with my second art show this summer. I did have a bit of free time today in the studio to finish up some paintings that I had been working on. This particular painting is the latest from a series of seascapes I've been working on. It's also a bit more indicative of the way things look here of late with a hurricane on its way. However, it was so hot in the studio today that by the afternoon I opted to put the brush down and mow the lawn instead!

Thanks to everyone who helped make my show at the 43rd Annual Labor Day Weekend Art Show in Cape Elizabeth another success!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger lisagloria said...

Gorgeous. The composition is a stunner.

9/03/2010  
Blogger Gerald Schwartz said...

WOW! The depth and power you captured in this is truly wonderful..
Good luck to you this weekend.

9/03/2010  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

very powerful. Love the low vantage point.

9/04/2010  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks lisagloria!

9/05/2010  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Gerald. These pieces are a fun challenge.

9/05/2010  
Blogger Beth West www.northernskyart.wordpress.com said...

I love the drama! Glad your show went well.

9/05/2010  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thank you Mary--stay tuned for more!

9/06/2010  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thank you Beth. It was a great day for a show.

9/06/2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home