Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Presumpscot

Presumpscot, 6" x 8", Oil on Panel, 2010

SOLD

One of the great things about being both a landscape painter and a flyfisherman, is that very often the two passions work together in harmony. This was the case over the weekend not far from home on the Presumpscot River. Fishing is really a matter of choosing a beautiful location and then standing there only to be occassionally disturbed by the matter of catching a fish. Painting on the other hand, is often a study of that same beautiful place and then trying to capture (or catch) it in a painting. Both are fleeting and require immense amount of patience. Did I ever tell you about the book I hope to write one day titled, "Beautiful Places To Stand"?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger René PleinAir. said...

Wow also very nice!

I notice that you paint very juicy, do you use any medium?

6/23/2010  
Blogger Painting the Light said...

Nice! Very different from your usual subject matter. I like it!

6/23/2010  
Blogger Kristen said...

Ha! Great book idea.
I am wondering the same thing as Renee. ;)

6/23/2010  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Rene! I use a bit of medium, but my paint body tends to be on the heavy side.

6/23/2010  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thank you Laurie. It's a nice break from the geometric stuff.

6/23/2010  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Kristen--I think it will be a best seller.

6/23/2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home