Saturday, December 13, 2008

Provincetown Draggers, 6" x 8", Oil on Panel, 2008 SOLD

(Please click here to place your bid on ebay)

I have to apologize for my lack of posts recently. I've been immersed in diapers and bottles, power outages, ice storms, and general technical difficulties. I know--excuses, excuses. But I was able to get back in the studio late yesterday afternoon and pick up where I had left off on several recent paintings.
This painting is of two draggers moored at McMillan Pier in Provincetown, Cape Cod. They are part of a dying fleet of boats that have either moved out of Provincetown or gone bust altogether. In its hayday, it looks like from the photos I've seen, you could've walked from one end of Provincetown Harbor to the other on the backs of schooners and fishing vessels. Now the harbor is filled with pleasure boats and the working waterfront is hanging on by a thread.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

Lovely composition and sense of light here Cooper.

12/13/2008  
Blogger perez.art said...

excellent painting Cooper!
how is the weather there?
here slowly slowly comes the Summer and the Ocean looks wonderful, but the turists all over the place for the holidays....impossible to paint outdoors.
Alex

12/14/2008  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love these boats.
Sadly, Provincetown's 'townies' are losing the battle. Is that just progress?
Anyway, it's a special place to myself and many others. I like this painting of these familiar boats.

12/14/2008  
Anonymous PVC card printing said...

Beautiful art work.

12/15/2008  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Sheila. I love all these shapes in here too.

12/15/2008  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Alex--two words: thanks, cold.

12/15/2008  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Mary I'm glad you recognized them!

12/15/2008  
Blogger Helen Read said...

Love the composition on this :) great use of color as well.

12/17/2008  
Blogger Deborah Paris said...

This really rocks Cooper. Great design, rich color and a wonderful sense of strong sunlight. Bravo!

12/20/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home