Thursday, October 09, 2008

Heron Neck Light, 6" x 8", Oil on Panel, 2008 SOLD

(Please click here to bid on ebay)

As many of you may already know, for a good portion of my adult life I have worked for Outward Bound. In fact, it's how I came to live here in Maine. Sailing for Outward Bound I got to know places like Penobscot Bay and the downeast coast as well as the back of my hand. One of my favorite anchorages was this one, tucked in behind Heron Neck light. It was usually the last anchorage of an expedition as Hurricane Island was only a short row away. And you could only anchor here on the calmest of nights as this little cove is completely exposed to the open sea. But sitting here on a clear night was like floating in outer space.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Hey Cooper! I just browsed through your blog after a long absence . . . . .Hats Off and Congrats on your new son! I am amazed you are still painting. Quite a life change, eh? (just wait! ;-) ) I bet he is a gem!

Your paintings have made a huge leap over the last several months. Excellent examples to look up to. Hats Off again!

10/10/2008  
Blogger Helen Read said...

This is very beautiful - and I love yuor description of it as well!

10/11/2008  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Mike! I appreciate your kind words about my latest work(s)!

10/16/2008  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thank you Helen--it was easy to write as it's one of my favorite spots.

10/16/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home