Sunday, March 02, 2008

Snow on the Point, 5" x 14", Oil on Panel, 2008 SOLD
The weather was absolutely miserable here yesterday (have I been talking--complaining--too much about the weather in my blog lately?), but me and the dog went out for a walk in a bit of a break in the action. We stopped over at Two Lights State Park to see the waves and they were giants. As I got out of the car, I thought I was hearing thunder, but it was the waves crashing on the rocks just out of sight on the other side of the hill. I really thought the puppy might slip on one of the cliff edges and vanish! We changed venues and went for a walk at Kettle Cove in a rain/snow mix, and this simple view is what stood out from the day.

(PLEASE CLICK HERE TO BID ON EBAY)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jack Riddle said...

Cooper--you captured the mood of the day perfectly. It's a great spot and if I could do water as well as you, I'd get over there more often. Do you ever walk at Willard Beach? Different kind of place but good stuff often, too.

3/03/2008  
Blogger Ambera said...

your water is phenomenal Cooper. I love how simple you've kept it, with maximum effect. The weather here was crap too, we were hit with a really terrible storm.

3/03/2008  
Blogger craigstephens said...

Cooper, these horizontal seascapes are fantastic!

3/03/2008  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Jack,
I don't get over to Willard enough. I've painted the fish shacks a few times and often fish there in the good weather, but haven't painted it so much. It's on the list!

3/04/2008  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Ambera. I have to keep it simple or else it makes me nuts. The weather here today is practically spring like! I'll send it across the Gulf this afternoon!

3/04/2008  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Craig. I like the horizontal format too. I just got back from the art supply store with about a dozen of them waiting to be primed!

3/04/2008  
Blogger Robin Weiss said...

Nice job capturing the color and mood of the surf on a fridgid winter day. This painting has great depth! The format makes it even more dramatic. Nice!

3/04/2008  
Blogger Bill Sharp said...

Cooper, Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog. I've been a fan of yours for a long time.

3/04/2008  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Robin. I'm glad the temperature of the day comes through.

3/05/2008  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

My pleasure Bill!

3/05/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home