Friday, February 15, 2008

Monhegan Glare, 6" x 6", Oil on Gessoed Panel, 2008 SOLD
What a difference a day makes! I really struggled with yesterday's painting ("Work in progress") and had requested a little help from all of you out there in cyberspace. Thanks for all your emails and suggestions. It was a huge help! One of the things you don't get working in a studio in your backyard by yourself is a lot of back and forth. (I mean, yes, the dog seems to want to say something about my work, but I just don't know.) Speaking of which, I took the dog for his lunch time work/midday workout to the beach today. A beautiful, sparking sunny day and studying the water helped me solve some of the problems with yesterday's painting. I will repost it here soon, but it does look a bit different.
Before I took the dog to the beach today, I started on this small piece--which is the reverse of how I typically work. Often my small paintings serve as a model and first draft for larger pieces. But I thought I would mix it up for a change today. This view is again from our trip to Monhegan this past summer, looking across to Manana Island (with subtle influences from my walk today with Dozer). All in all a great day in the studio!
*apologies for a substandard photo

(PLEASE CLICK HERE TO BID ON EBAY)

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Marilyn Webberley said...

Wow! (I even said it out loud!) I really like the light!

2/15/2008  
Blogger craigstephens said...

I love the glare! Nicely done.

2/15/2008  
Blogger Gerald Schwartz said...

Cooper! Great job on this and all..

2/17/2008  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Marilyn. I hope I can get a better photo of it up soon. This one has too much (unintentional) glare to it.

2/18/2008  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Craig!

2/18/2008  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thank you Gerald. I appreciate the global compliment.

2/18/2008  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Wow. That's exactly what Manana looks like. Nice job!

2/21/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home