Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Scarborough Marsh (No 9), 6" x 6", Oil on Panel, 2007
Another stunning day here at the end of September. Beautiful day. Beautiful light. It's all too good to be true, which reminds me I need to get out and buy some salt for the driveway.

Speaking of the driveway, Barack Obama was in town last night. Just a mile down the road, speaking at a house on the water. It was like a European car show outside! I should have made up some fliers for my work and stuck them under the wipers. Although I don't think the Secret Service would have let me.

I've added a "Subscription Box" to the right hand column of this blog recently. Please feel free to enter your email address, if you'd like to receive regular updates on my work. Thanks!



SOLD


Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Deborah Paris said...

This series is wonderful. This one and the one from 9/17 are my favorites- the foreground shadow in that one is beautifully done- really brings you inside the painting like a good foreground shadow should. And this one has a wonderful quality of late light. Bravo!

9/25/2007  
Blogger william wray said...

These all have some great light-- really nice!

9/26/2007  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Deborah. I've been enjoying working with this light and this marsh--a good combination for me!

9/26/2007  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks William. There is some terrific fall light happening here these days, though it feels like summer.

9/26/2007  
Blogger Mark Bridges said...

I like the marsh paintings also. I can never see them from the air when i'm flying back to Texas. My dad is the park electrician at Acadia. When i was back for vac i only saw two other painters besides myself. Maybe all the others were out on Monhegan.

mark

9/26/2007  
Blogger Don Gray said...

Really enjoying the marsh series, Cooper. Rich lighting and an expansive sense of scale that belies their small size.

9/26/2007  
Blogger Ed Terpening said...

Yes, this one's a real winner, Cooper. You've captured that light perfectly. I feel I've been there.

10/05/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home