Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fragment (Monhegan), 24" x 24", Oil on Panel, 2007
We're off to Monhegan this coming weekend for our anniversary, but we just got back from Acadia tonight after a great long weekend there. We mosied our way up on Friday and stopped along the way to see friends in St. George. We rolled into Bar Harbor mid-afternoon and stocked up on a few missing groceries from our list and set up camp at the Blackwoods Campground in Otter Creek. Jill was running a half-marathon on Saturday so it was early to bed. Saturday we awoke to fog and low clouds and not long after she started running it began to rain. (Did I mention I was in the coffee shop calculating how long I had to dilly-dally if she was running 9 minute miles?) In any event, she did great and we spent the rest of the day lounging around Bar Harbor and seeing the park . Today, Sunday was stunning and we even managed to ride the Park Loop road (Did I mention that I didn't run a half-marathon the day before?) So, no new paintings to post tonight. A few were drying on the easel in need of finishing when I left the studio Thursday afternoon. Thanks for looking and stay tuned!

SOLD

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger W. K. Moore said...

Excellent Cooper. Placement of the pictoral objects has been done effectively, gracefully, and it sustains interest. Lots for my eye to roam around in. I also get a good vibe from the rock formation as a sculpture crafted by the greatest sculptor...

9/20/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home