Friday, August 24, 2007

WCSH SIDEWALK ART FAIR, Saturday, August 25th, 2007
For the past couple of days, I've been rehearsing for the WSCH Sidewalk Art Festival. It's the first time I've ever done one, so the tent has been set up in the backyard for the past 72 hours, and I'm slowly finishing up on how it will all work. Hanging paintings, without spending a fortune on systems, panels, screens, etc. has been a bit of a trick. I'm going with the time-tested string method (in white) to hang larger works and I made some panels for smaller pieces that I can recycle into "canvasses" later. I still have to go to the store for a couple of bags of Hershey's kisses and some flowers (I hear that these are crucial ingredients), but largely I'm ready to go. Well, I was ready to go until I came home from town this afternoon and found the tent listing in the backyard after being blown over. One leg was bent but not broken. (Note to self: pick up cement blocks at hardware store for weighting.) My spot is on Congress Street next to the State Theatre (near the coner of High and Congress). Hope to see you there!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger silvina said...

Oh, how I wish I could go to Main this weekend! Hope you have great sales success.

btw, my blog is functioning again.

8/24/2007  
Blogger Ed Terpening said...

Don't forget copies of your Bio or Artist's Statement, as well as copies of any press about you, shows, etc. Collectors like it.

8/24/2007  
Blogger L. Palmberg said...

I wish you a lot of luck & I wish I could be there with you. If you took pictures of your booth share it. I kow you will do well.

I sold my first painting & have a bid on another one.

8/26/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home