Tuesday, August 14, 2007



Paintings by JUDITH DRAGONETTE
Wyoming Winter (2) and Wyoming Summer, 10" x 10", Oil on Canvas, 2007
These three paintings belong to my mom, Judith Dragonette. (I hope you don't mind me using my blog to promote my mother.)She is out west at the moment visiting my sister who lives in Jackson, Wyoming. When she's not out visiting my sis, she lives in Wellfleet, MA. Her work clearly depicts these two landscapes; her work from Cape Cod in evocative of the soft light and small cottages that dot the outer Cape. From Wyoming and the West, she is inspired by the wildness of places like Yosemite or the Tetons. These paintings shown here are part of a larger series. A number from this series are now on exhibit and for sale at the Amangani Resort in Jackson Hole. These three paintings here will be for sale seperately at auction on ebay.

Available.

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Candy Barr said...

hey Cooper, these are a refreshing break@! Nice...

8/14/2007  
Blogger Todd Bonita said...

Talent runs in the family.
Hope you're well.
Todd

8/14/2007  
Blogger wanda knight said...

Nice.... maybe we can see some of her Maine paintings in the future.

8/15/2007  
Blogger silvina said...

That first one is a stunner! Love it.

8/15/2007  
Blogger W. K. Moore said...

The abstract painter.. yeah I figured.... excellent.

8/21/2007  
Blogger Donald M. Foley said...

Moms are great! I don't know . . . she's set the bar pretty high Cooper

8/24/2007  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Candy.

8/24/2007  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thank you Todd-I'll make sure my mom knows it.

8/24/2007  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Wanda--I'm afraid of being overshadowed by her work. I better ban her from my site before I'm out of a job!

8/24/2007  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Silvina--I'll pass it along.

8/24/2007  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

W.K. Well, now you know where I get it.

8/24/2007  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Don, I know. I know. I was a fool to ever post her work here.

8/24/2007  
Blogger Deborah Paris said...

What a treat! That first one is a stop-in-your-tracks kind of image. My mom was also an artist (in fact I use her french easel for plein air painting) Its a rich blessing. Hope to see more of her work.

10/14/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home