Friday, March 16, 2007

Fragment, 24" x 24", Oil on Panel, 2007
Back from Florida. What a terrific break from winter here in Maine. It took me a couple of days to get used to wearing shorts and flip-flops (in March!?!), but I got used to it quick. This is a painting I began before we left and I was eager to get back to it. I think it's done, but always appreciate your comments and criticism.

During our five days on Monhegan , we were blessed with summer weather in the heart of fall. Like any day in New England, the weather changes in a moment so we had our share of foul stuff too. On those days, when the island was completely socked in with rain and fog, you become even more aware of your remote surroundings, especially when the waves would come crashing out of some invisible Atlantic.

SOLD

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Robin Weiss said...

Great painting Cooper. This one holds its own as abstract or realist. The rock faces really read rock solid. Good division of space. The wave action from the arial perspective is right on and leads nicely into the distance.
You nailed it!

3/17/2007  
Blogger Edward B. Gordon said...

apsulutly brilliant, well done, spot on !

3/17/2007  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thank you Robin. I like hearing that it rides that line between abstract and realism. I think that's where I want to be with most of my work.

3/17/2007  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Thanks Edward. The photo didn't register the darkest area well (too dark). Thanks for some very nice compliments!

3/17/2007  
Blogger Todd Bonita said...

bam, bam, pow! You keep banging out beauties. These are awesome!

Be good,

Todd

3/17/2007  
Blogger Candy Barr said...

Dynamite Cooper! Nature with a personality...the size of canvas must make this even more striking in front of it at this topple down angle. Splash on!

3/17/2007  
Blogger W. K. Moore said...

Reminds me of one of those Easter Islands totems... something anthropomorphic about that rock structure. A most compelling work!

3/19/2007  
Blogger H Malott said...

Wow! This is awesome Cooper! I agree with the above comments. Well done!

3/24/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home